25/06/2021 / Beauty, Skin and Hair
Skin is the fulcrum of your external beauty. Thus, protecting your skin from unwanted warts, moles, and other types of lesions is a must these days. Whether or not you are into the glamour industry, blemished skin is a big no-no as it makes you less appealing. It eventually leads to low confidence, frustration, and anxiety. Then what else to do? Fret not! Skin tag removal is here to boost you up and give you flawless skin the way you just dreamt of.
Before we proceed towards the process in detail, let us know a bit about skin tags.
A skin tag is a tiny benign skin outgrowth, often on the stalk. Skin tags are often flesh-colored and are one of the most common bumps on adult skin. These generally grow on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin, buttock folds as well as under the breasts.
A person may have, on average, one to hundreds of skin tags on his/her skin. Almost everyone, mainly middle-aged obese people, develops skin tags at some point in their lifetime.
Although skin tags are noncancerous and do not cause any harm, pain, or discomfort, however, these are some of the surest reasons to look unattractive. And this is why the need for skin tag removal comes to play.
1. Home Remedies: Skin tag removal doesn't always require medical treatment and surgeries. If you wish to remove a tag, it may be possible with readily available products at the comfort of your home.
2. Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil is an effective remedy for skin tag removal. It possesses antiviral and antifungal properties and is completely safe for skin usage. The tea tree application on the skin tag involves washing the affected area with plain water and gently massaging the oil onto the area with a cotton swab. Then, the affected area should be bandaged overnight, and the process should be repeated for a month or so until the tag dries out. Once the skin tag dries, it will fall off.
3. Banana Peel - By now, you must have understood that banana peel isn't something that you should throw away, especially if you have a skin tag. Yes, absolutely so. The peel of a banana helps dry out a skin tag and enhances its natural removal. Using banana peel on the skin tag is almost the same as that of tea tree oil. All you need to do is wash off the affected area, place a piece of the banana peel on the area, cover it with a bandage and leave it overnight. You need to continue this for some nights until the tag dries and falls off.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider is a potential ingredient to get rid of most skin problems. Likewise, it is effective for skin tags too. Applying apple cider vinegar soaked in a cotton swab over the skin tag works wonders. The acidity of the vinegar breaks down the tissue surrounding the tag and causes it to fall off.
5. Vitamin E - Another great thing to remove skin tags naturally is Vitamin E. It is an antioxidant that combats aging and wrinkles and helps maintain healthy skin. Application of liquid Vitamin E over a skin tag for a couple of days causes it to vanish.
6.Garlic - Garlic is indeed very effective in getting rid of skin tags. Applying crushed garlic over the tagged area causes the skin tag to shrink and eventually fall off within a couple of days.
7. Over-the-counter Products: Besides home remedies, there are various over-the-counter products available in the market. They have the potential to remove a skin tag safely and effectively.
Such products include easy kits for the removal of skin tags. These are the freezing kits that use cryotherapy, i.e., the use of very low or minimal temperatures to destroy unwanted skin tissue. Benign skin outgrowths such as the skin tags usually require temperatures ranging from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to -58 degrees Fahrenheit to destroy themselves. Thus, the freezing skin tag removal kits are immensely effective in removing skin tags.
8. Skin Tag Removal Creams: Skin tag removal creams are known to remove tags gently and effectively after their application. However, it can irritate the skin at times.
9. Skin Tag Removal Pads: The skin tag removal pads claim to remove skin tags within a few days after their first use. It consists of an adhesive bandage-style pad that has a medicated patch to cover the skin tag adequately. Such a compression of the skin tag causes it to shrink and get removed when used regularly for some time.
10. Skin tag Removal Bands: One of the most potent and effective ways to remove skin tags is the skin tag removal band. It begins to show results within a few days after use. It works by ceasing the skin tag's blood supply, causing it to become inactive and fall off.
Although there are several methods by which you can remove a skin tag by yourself, there can be situations where you won't feel comfortable removing it on your own. In such circumstances, consulting a dermatologist is perhaps the best possible option. Moreover, there might be conditions where the regular skin tag removal kits or home remedies won't show results; in such conditions, going under the knife remains the only option.
So, here are a few of the skin tag removal surgeries that are fruitful in removing tags and giving you flawless skin.
It is to be noted that skin tag removal surgeries are usually performed by applying local anesthesia and then performing the surgery based on the size and location of the skin tag. However, not all tags might undergo the same surgical procedure.
1. Cauterization: In this process, the doctor uses heat treatment to remove the skin tag. Heat is used to burn the skin tag. It destroys the tissues in and around the tag and mitigates bleeding and damage. In modern times, the primary forms of cauterization used are electrocautery and chemical cautery. Both these forms are effective in the cosmetic removal of skin tags.
2. Cryosurgery: In cryosurgery, the doctor uses a small amount of liquid nitrogen spray over the skin tag. Liquid nitrogen here acts as the cryogen. The destructive force of freezing temperatures works on the cells, forming ice crystals inside them. The formation of ice crystals within the cells eventually tears apart those cells due to their lower density. This way, the tag tears off and gets destroyed.
3. Surgery: This is a normal surgery in which the doctor simply snips off the skin tag at its base using surgical scissors. Post-surgery, stitches or bandages are required. However, it entirely depends on the size and location of the skin tag.
By now, you might have known about skin tags, their removal techniques, and the ways how they work. But it is also essential to realize that certain aftercare needs to be incorporated once you have undergone a skin tag removal.
Infections and major complications are usually not involved with skin tag removal. However, some people might experience a scar after tag removal. Most of the time, such scars disappear with time and are not a cause of worry.
1. Antibiotic Ointment: If you have removed a skin tag at home, you should apply antibiotic ointment or gel post removal as a precautionary measure. Antibiotics lower the risk of developing skin infections. Furthermore, if the area becomes painful or bleeds, it is advised to consult a doctor immediately.
2. Keeping Wounds Dry: If you have undergone a medical procedure or surgery to get your skin tag removed, it is advised to keep the wound dry for at least 48 hours post-surgery. After that, you should gently wash the area with soap and water.
3. Final Checkup: In case of medical procedure, a follow-up appointment is generally advised to get a check-up of the wound and for removal of stitches, if any.
4. Say NO To Random Creams: It is also advised not to apply random creams or ointments on your affected area right after a skin tag removal.
5. Keep A Check On Skin Hygiene: You should always keep your skin clean and avoid harsh chemicals on your skin, especially in the area where you have undergone skin tag removal.
6. DON'T Use Beauty Kits: Use and application of kits such as facial hair removal kit, facial massage kit, whiteheads removal kit, etc., should be avoided right after a skin tag removal, especially in medical procedures.
Skin is sensitive, and so are you. So it is always recommended to allow minimal interference with the skin unless it's urgent. Skin tags are generally harmless and don't require treatment unless it causes pain and irritation.
Although home remedies are effective, inexpensive, and easy solutions, there might be times when your skin tag won't respond to them, start bleeding or continue to grow further. Well, on the other hand, some remedies can effectively solve your problem without any harsh effects.
So, choose carefully, work patiently and come out successfully when it comes to skin tag removal. Remember, your inner beauty is more important than the visible one.
Comments ( 0 )
Leave a Comment
16 Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Our ancestors have left us with specific Home Remedies and beauty regimes that will help us regain healthy skin back. Radiant and smooth textured skin is often considered the main characteristic of healthy skin.
8 Amazing Benefits of Honey for your Face and Skin
Honey was an integral part of the beauty regime for over 4000 years. The antioxidants & flavonoids contained in Honey have many health benefits. It is also helpful in reducing bacterial and fungal infections.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles & Bags Under Eyes Permanently
Dark circles are, however, not a serious health problem, but a lot of people feel that dark circles make them look older, tired, and unhealthy. Here are some of the methods that help treat dark circles 100% effectively.
Health & Wellness Tips
Subscribe to our blog