04/03/2021 / Heart & Vascular
Consuming a nutritional diet can prove to be highly beneficial in minimizing the risk of heart disease. Diseases like obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc., are connected to Cardiovascular Diseases and heart problems.
Diet undoubtedly plays a vital role in curing a large number of diseases and preventing them in the first place. Cardiovascular Diseases are related to the heart of the human body. Any discrepancy in the working of the heart, arteries, blood flow can lead to the development of Cardiovascular Diseases. Consuming a nutritional diet can prove to be highly beneficial in minimizing the risk of heart disease. The evils like obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc., are all somehow connected to Cardiovascular Diseases and heart problems. The narrowing of the arteries in the later stages, as well as fluctuation in the blood supply, can cause Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs).
There are a large number of factors that promote the risk of developing Cardiovascular Diseases, among which many can be considered as natural, and there is nothing a person can do about it. These factors comprise gender, age, peer health, etc. The health of the immediate family members also determines if the person is prone to develop such diseases. The other range of factors that are crucial in determining the level of risk and chances of developing Cardiovascular Diseases are artificial. These factors are somehow in the control of a person. These include aspects related to lifestyle and diet, for example, putting a limit on the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes. Managing the problem of diabetes and improving the situation of stress also adds to the overall improvisation.
Consuming an unhealthy diet has been described as one of the most common reasons for developing Cardiovascular Diseases. Let us now talk about the ideal diet that should be consumed and items that must be neglected to prevent Cardiovascular Diseases:
1. Saturated Fats The unhealthy categorization of fats, Saturated Fats, is known to increase the level of LDL in human blood. Saturated Fats can easily be found in items like ghee, butter, coconut oil, margarine, red meat, bacon, bakery items, cured meats, etc.
2. Cholesterol Food Cholesterol is considered as an evil of all. A high level of LDL cholesterol can be found easily in a large number of food items like egg yolks, refined cooking oil, etc. It must be avoided to stay away from Cardiovascular Diseases.
3. Selected dairy items Almost every dairy item has an increased level of LDL and fat. A person can consume only a selected dairy product that has healthy fats and help in building a strong immune system. Greek Yogurt is globally appreciated for its properties of essential nutrients.
4. Trans Fats These are similar to saturated fats up to an extent. These are known for shooting up the LDL cholesterols in the blood. Trans Fats can be easily found in all the fast food items, peanut butter, margarine spreads, nondairy creamer, fried foods, etc.
5. Excessive Salt Putting a limit on gross salt consumption can be a great way to control hypertension and other diseases related to the heart.
1. An Ideal Diet Try to include healthy food items in your daily consumption. Healthy oils like corn, fish, safflower, olive can be used as a replacement for unhealthy oils as these include Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids. Fibre and potassium-rich fruits & vegetables are useful in remaining immune from Cardiovascular Diseases. Whole grains too help in reducing LDL cholesterol and thereby reducing the risk of developing heart-related diseases. Oats and Barley are the two most preferred whole grains that have resulted in lowering LDL cholesterol. Spices and herbs like ginger, garlic, tulsi, turmeric, and green tea extracts have innumerable qualities that can strengthen the immune system of a human being.
2. Maintain a regular check on your daily consumption It is one of the proven exercises that are undertaken by people who are eager to develop healthy habits and transform their lifestyle for good. Create the menus on a daily basis by choosing healthy food and neglecting the unhealthy ones. Emphasize more the items that have been discussed above, like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc.
3. Rare Cheat Meals In the present world, it is common among every generation to have an urge for food that is not healthy. Let your taste buds indulge a little with the desired taste. A person who is running strictly on the diet can choose to have the food which she/he has been craving for a longer time every once in a while.
Add the above-stated opinions to your daily lifestyle and see a positive change in the health and immune system. The present world tends to underestimate the power of a healthy lifestyle. By lifestyle, we mean our daily habits, regulated diet, etc. Only if the diet is managed, a person can remain free from Cardiovascular Diseases for as long as he/she wants. The qualities present in natural foods cannot be replaced by any kind of artificial products.
Comments ( 0 )
Leave a Comment
Cardiovascular disease its Symptoms, Risk Factors and Treatment
Cardiovascular diseases are one of the leading causes of death in many countries. So, awareness about the diseases, their symptoms, risk factors and management is essential.
8 Effective ways to lose belly fat (Backed by Science)
Diet, Exercise, Stress management and right amount of sleep can do wonders in reducing belly fat and all these are based on science.
8 Best Diet Foods to Manage High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Hypertension refers to a condition when the blood pressure in a human being is relatively high. In adverse cases, hypertension can even lead to damage to arteries.
Health & Wellness Tips
Subscribe to our blog